Terms and Conditions of Sale
Our policy to you the customer is to:
- The “Company” means V-M Orthotics Limited.
- The “Customer” means the person, firm or company buying goods from the Company to whom the goods are to be invoiced (unless the context otherwise requires) and any person to whom or for the benefit of whom the goods may be delivered.
- The “Goods” means the goods described on our invoice.
- All orders to be forwarded to the address below.
- VAT Exemption – Buyers who qualify for exemption from paying VAT should include a valid VAT exemption certificate (or other documentation approved by the Customs and Excise for the purpose) with each order.
- Please contact us if you require a VAT Exemption Certificate before purchasing goods.
Any estimate or quotation shall comprise an invitation to treat and will remain open for a period of 8 weeks provided that the Company has not previously withdrawn it.
Every effort is made to ensure our catalogue descriptions and illustrations are clear and accurate. All colours and sizes are approximate. The reproduction of colours is as accurate as photographic and printing processes allow. Due to our policy of continual improvement some products may vary from those described. The company reserves the right to amend the specification, construction and/or design without prior notice.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT post and packing.
- The Company reserves the right, to vary the price of the Goods to take account of any increases in the cost of raw materials, manufacture, packing, transport or wages or otherwise.
- Prices charged will be those effective at the date of receipt of Customer Order.
- Prices quoted supersede all previous prices unless otherwise stated.
- Unless the Company otherwise agrees, settlement is due within 30 days of date of invoice to V-M Orthotics Ltd., at the address below.
- The Company reserves the right to charge interest on all overdue payments and outstanding balances at the rate of 4% per month.
- The Customer shall not be entitled to withhold payment either wholly or in part once the same has become due except where expressly agreed with the Company.
- Unless the Company otherwise agrees, delivery shall be made to the delivery point specified in the Order.
- Stated delivery times are no more than an estimate on the part of the Company and shall not be binding upon the Company, which shall not be liable for any costs or damage caused by reason of any delay in delivery.
- The Company delivers Monday – Friday, excluding holidays. Orders to be despatched via standard 1st Class Royal Mail that are received before 3.15 pm GMT and are in-stock items will be processed and despatched that same day. Standard orders for in-stock items received after 3.15 pm will be despatched the next business day.
- For orders to be delivered via courier placed on non-business days, the order will not be despatched until the next working business day.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to transportation cut-off deadlines, orders requiring delivery by courier need to be received prior to 2.00 pm GMT in order to be despatched that day.
- The Company may elect to ship certain products directly from the manufacturer to ensure timely receipt of ordered products. Therefore, customers may expect to receive their order in separate packages.
- PLEASE NOTE: that we do not deliver outside the United Kingdom.
- The Company reserves the right to make delivery by instalments and to tender a separate invoice in respect of each instalment.
- No notice of cancellation of an Order shall be valid unless given in writing and agreed to by an authorised representative of the Company.
- If written notice of cancellation is received by the Company, the Company reserves the right to levy a cancellation charge up to 50% of the amount of the Order.
- If the Contract provides for delivery by instalments, each instalment shall be deemed to be the subject of a separate contract and non-delivery or delay in the delivery of any instalment shall not entitle the Customer to repudiate the contract as regards the balance.
9. Passing of Title
The legal title to the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until all sums due or payable by the Customer to the Company whether in respect of the Goods or otherwise shall have been received by the Company.
10. Passing of Risk
The risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer when the Goods are tendered for delivery at the delivery point specified in the Order. In the event that the Goods are collected by the Customer from the Company’s works the risk of the Goods shall pass to the Customer when they are loaded onto the vehicle of the Customer or of his carrier or other agent.
11. Force Majeure
The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by circumstances beyond the Company’s control including but not limited to an Act of God, war, civil disturbance, governmental restrictions, import or export regulations, industrial disputes and difficulties in obtaining labour or materials. Should any such event occur the Company might cancel or suspend this contract without incurring any liability for any loss or damage caused.
12. Notice of Damage, Non-Delivery or Wrong Delivery
- If, upon receipt, the goods appear damaged, incomplete or incorrect please indicate on the carrier’s documentation and notify our Customer Services Department of the situation no later than 3 days after delivery. If in doubt please sign the carrier’s documentation “Unexamined”. Should an expected consignment not arrive, please notify our Customer Services Department within 21 days from date of invoice, failing which the Company shall be under no liability for non-delivery.
- Any surplus goods delivered shall remain the property of the Company and the Customer shall take all reasonable precautions for the safe custody and protection of such surplus goods until the time of their removal by the Company.
- Under no circumstances shall any goods be returned to the Company without its prior consent, otherwise liability is not accepted. Returned Goods must be suitably packaged, for transportation by carrier. Goods received without suitable packaging will not be credited. Where the Company has made the error, full credit will only be given on returned goods that are fit for sale.
- The Company is under no obligation to accept goods for return due to customer ordering errors, surplus stock etc. but where it agrees to do so a 15% handling charge will apply, the customer will arrange carriage and pay all freight charges.
- Refused Deliveries – We reserve the right to make a carriage charge plus 15% handling charge on all consignments tendered for delivery, which are refused without justification.
- Only unused and complete goods may be returned, they must be undamaged current lines in their original packaging, displayed in our most recent catalogue and less than 12 months old. Goods not conforming to these criteria will not be accepted for credit. The company reserves the right to dispose of any non-saleable and uncreditable returned goods.