The heel up® manufactured by Levabo in Denmark is a new environmentally friendly, inflatable and disposable offloading product used for the prevention and treatment of heel pressure ulcers. The range – heel up short, medium, long, max (and now in two additional sizes designed for children – heel up kids extra small and small) has been developed in conjunction with leading wound care experts to ensure optimal comfort and hygiene for the user.
The heel up® kids is designed to give complete heel offloading relief. It is shaped to fit the Achilles tendon whilst providing comfortable support for the foot.
The heel up® kids is an optimal positioning device when the bedbound patient needs comfortable and complete pressure offloading – ensuring even pressure and support on the lower leg up to the knee. The heel up® kids ensures stability without hindering the patient’s movements. Even with the slightest movement, the device will stimulate the microcirculation of the skin, which in turn optimises circulation. The heel up® kids has a surface layer which is made from a soft, flexible, heat and moisture absorbent non-woven material, which makes the product comfortable against the skin.
Advantages: heel-up kids (extra small and small)
- Designed for the prevention and treatment of heel pressure ulcers.
- For single patient use – ensuring infection control issues are eliminated.
- Simple to use and comfortable to wear, the surface layer is made from a soft, skin-friendly, non-woven material.
- Comes in a space saving sealed flat pack which includes an oral inflation device and valve patch. Also available in boxes of 12 which are neat and easy to store in small offices, clinical areas.
- Tested and approved in accordance with ISO 10993-10:2010 skin irritation and sensitisation.
- Cost effective and affordable in preventing and treating pressure ulcers
- Machine washable at 60 degrees.
25cm (length) x 15cm (height) x 11cm (width)